Why are CDN’s important? Because the Internet was never designed to support global, commercial, and business use. The basic protocols of the Internet are business-based, rather than performance based; and therefore the fundamental rules guiding data from place to place are not set to deliver real-time, high quality online experiences. CDN’s are a critical for businesses looking to meet or exceed users rising expectations. Indeed, CDN's carry approximately half of all web traffic at any given time. CDN's help:
- drive sharing of online media such as live and on-demand streaming video for events and entertainment
- can deliver web applications for enterprises with users across a wide region or the world
- deliver dynamic content for online shopping sites and personalized web experiences
- support web performance optimization solutions for online gaming and social media networks
- provide a platform for software and application delivery for cloud-based installation and updates
- deliver adaptive content for mobile devices and media that will be viewed across a mobile network.