As mentioned before, an online merchandiser is responsible for developing the best possible shopping experience. In order to do so, the merchandiser has several site elements and features to work with:
- Product display: How can the customer be inspired and enticed to buy specific products?
- Navigation structure: How does the customer find his way on the website by using the navigation?
- Product facets: How can the customer filter the offered assortment down to the right product for him or her?
- Sorting: How can the products be shown best be sorted to offer an optimized experience?
- Product information: How will you make sure that the customer will find all the required information?
- Internal search: How does the customer find his way on the website by using the search function?
- Size guides: How does the customer know what the perfect size of a product is for him?
- Localization/Segmentation: How can the online shop be customized towards specific customer segments or local preferences?
In addition the website can be localized and even personalized to the needs of the visitors.